Natural Remedies for Dark Eye Circles
Well, you see, everyone is afraid to get the much dreaded dark eye circles. They are not attractive at all and makes one age a few years extra. I know I'm not the only one with this problem, so I have compiled a list of home remedies that you can try out at home.
First, we separate them to three categories, the first category is to conceal them effectively, the second category is to get rid of them permanently and the third category is home remedies easy enough for everyone to do. It takes time but worth the time when you see the results with a new pair of beautiful sparkling bright eyes.
To Camouflage dark eye circles
The product you should opt for should contain ingredients like Mica and Bismuth Oxychloride. These ingredients will help to reflect light and thus reduce the look of dark appearance under the skin. Also, the ingredients are very light and they do not appear to look too heavy or cake under your eyes, which make them even more obvious. Also, look for creams with Vitamin K, Collagen, Elastin and hyaluronic acid to plump up eyes to prevent that dull sunken in under eye skin, which enhances the darkened skin underneath the eyes.
Normally, before you apply this makeup as camouflage, apply some light anti dark eye circle cream to protect the skin under the eyes and to plump up fine lines, then lightly press the powder over the under eye area. The key here is not to drag the brush across the under eye area, but to press the powder onto the skin. This will help to minimise the powder from setting into the fine lines, and thus, making them more obvious.
To get rid of dark eye circles for real
1) Get enough rest - It's true, sleep deprivation will cause the skin under the eyes to darken, looking like a panda, but just not as cute. Besides, take power naps about 10-15 minutes of shut eye will do you lots of good in blood circulation
2) Stress kills - Stress is a killer and a major beauty destroyer. Try to unwind and keep your mind free. Exercising will be a good form of relief and it also helps to improve your blood circulation. If not, try to listen to music, it helps to release stress. Try it today.
3) Get plenty of nutrition - Nutrition helps to pump rich blood all over your body. With a better circulation, it will help to rid off dark eye circles. Get better nutrition by having a balanced diet, diet full of fruits and veggies, grains, nuts and legumes. Treat your diet like a rainbow, try to eat foods with very strong colors like reds, yellows and orange. They are mostly rich with anti-oxidant properties. I suggest to get extra supplement like vitamin B complex and Vitamin C to complement your diet.
4) Drink lots of Water- At least 6-8 glasses of water a day to drain out toxins from the body and to help in circulation. The liver and kidneys sometimes are overworked with too much toxins in the body, thus appearing in the form of bad skin or dark eye circles. Drinking water will help them to flush out the toxins from the body. Drinking water will also hydrate your skin and help to sooth out fine lines from forming -minimizing more dark eye circles.
5) Massage - Massage your eye areas gently to increase blood circulation. Most times, blood circulation is very poor underneath the eyes, especially more so when you have a poor diet. Lightly tap all the areas under the eye with your third finger, as it doesnt exert too much pressure as your index finger
6) Get a good eye cream - Get a good rich eye cream for night use and a lighter eye gel for day time use. Find for ingredients like alpha hydroxy acid in the creams. Alpha hydroxy acid aids in blood circulation. I use Estee Lauder Cyber White Radiant Eye Cream SPF15 and it's worth every penny.
This cream has a double action protection. It combats dark eye cicles and also eye puffiness. Plus it has SPF 15 to protect your delicate eye area from harmful UV rays. Best of all, it illuminates the eye contour to reveal sparkling fresh eyes.
1) Tea fix - Brew some mint tea or green tea then let the teabags cool. Then, place them over the eyes for about 10 minutes or alittle more as you wish2) Sourcream's the way to go - Mix two teaspoons of sourcream and 1 teaspoon of chopped parsley. Put the mixture into a straining cloth and apply to eyes for about 10 minutes or more
3) Cool as Cucumber - Cut out two thin slices of chilled cucumbers and place on your eyes. You can place the cucumbers on your eyes for 10 -15 mins or as long as you like till the cucumber turns warm from your heat
4) Strawberries - But with no cream. Slice the chilled strawberries, about 2 strawberries, or more depending on your needs. Then place them on your eyes and becareful not to let them get into your eyes or it will sting. Strawberries are good because they are high in alpha hydroxy acid, which is highly appreciated in most anti wrinkle creams
5) Milk soother - Grab a bowl and pour some chilled milk in them and throw in a few cotton balls to soak up the milk. Then relax and lie down while u place the cotton balls over your eyes. You will feel the skin is smoother and more relaxed and aids in circulation and lessen the dark discoloration under the eyes6) Potatoes - Cut two slices of potatoes with skin, raw and just simply place them over your eyes like how you will with cucumbers. The enzymens in potatoes help to reduce the dark circles under eyes
I hope I have helped in this post. Let me know if you have any other better remedies