Water - Essence of life, elixir of beauty?
Here, I have some facts which you may not know about water yet. It's interesting, you just have to read on, health buff or not. It helps to answer your question: Is water really THAT essential to our health or it's just a big fussed up hype?
WATER, The H2O
- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated. (Likely applies to half the world population.)
- In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger.
- Even MILD dehydration will slow down one's metabolism as much as 3%.
- One glass of water will shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters studied in a University of Washington study.
- Lack of water, the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
- Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease back and joint pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a pr!ntEd p@ge ;P
- Drinking 5 glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, plus it can slash the risk of breast cancer by 79%., and one is 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
Are you drinking the right amount of water everyday?