Secret to beautiful eyes: Natural Fridays
As the saying goes, 'Eyes are the windows to your soul'. Well, unfortunately, they are the first to giveaway tell-tale signs of aging. The down side is, you always seem to notice dark eye circles and fine lines on the eyes out of the blue, but in actual fact, they are not formed over night but from a sizeable duration of time where you didn't take good care of your eye area. When times like this, you just want to hide yourself with a pair of sunnies instead.
As for me, apart from using La Mer The Eye Balm, I also pamper myself at home with natural remedies because they are cheap, easy to get and simply for their natural wholesome goodness. It's like having the best of both worlds, leveraging on science and nature in the pursuit of beauty. What more could you ask for?
As I find these remedies really effective, I would like to share my beauty tips on natural remedies for beautiful eyes with you. Your service is my command :)
- Throw in cotton balls in a chilled mixture of cucumber and raw potato juice. Keep this on your eyelids for 15 to 20 minutes and gently wash it off. Apply a little baby oil.
- For long eyelashes, apply a thin coat of castor oil every night. It strengthens lashes and cools your eyes.
- Massage in a few drops of coconut oil around the eyes to get rid off dark circles.
- To reduce puffiness of your eyes, grate a potato; wrap them in a thin wash cloth and place the cloth-bag over your eyes for about 15 minutes.
- Add a small pinch of salt in water and wash to reveal bright and sparkling eyes. Remember, not too much salt or it'll burn.
- Mix tomato juice and lemon juice in equal quantity and apply around the eyes. After 30 minutes wash it off with cold and hot water alternatively to strengthen the skin around eyes.
- Ground sandalwood and nutmeg into a rich creamy paste. Apply the paste around the eyes before bedtime and wash it off the next morning.
- Blend cucumber then add a little rose water and apply around the eyes and wash it off after 30 minutes.
- Soak cotton balls in cold milk and apply on eyes for removing dark circles.
You can also read more on beautiful eyes in eye cream reviews and also beautiful eye tips to learn how to combat stubborn dark eye circles. I'm pretty sure they'll work well with you too. Let's exchange notes and share your tips with me. Can't wait to hear from you :)