Citrus Yogurt Mask for an instant glow: Natural Fridays
The Ingredients list:
1) Orange rind from 1 orange
We only use the rind of the orange. The rind is the orange part of the orange peel. The rinds are rich in citric acids which help to gently exfoliate dull skin and to brighten up complexion. Of course, wash and scrub the orange well before you use it on your face. If possible, it's best to use organic oranges instead.
2) 3/4 bowl of Yogurt
Organic plain yogurt is really good for the skin. It's a nautral beauty aid for your skin. It's a super moisturizer without making your skin feel oily or greasy afterwards. In fact, your skin feels really soft and clean after application. I don't even use a facial wash after applying yogurt as it naturally cleanses my skin
1) After cleaning the orange, grate the rind completely and collect them in a bowl. For easier grating, grate the orange whole. You stop grating when you start seeing the white part of the orange peel, called the pilth.
2) Mix the 3/4 bowl of yogurt with the newly grated rinds until you make a nice smooth paste
3) Apply the mixture all over your face and avoid putting too near the eyes. It could sting!
Note: It may be alittle messy as the rinds may not stay well on your face. Simply add more yogurt to hold the rinds together for better application on your face
4) You leave it on for about 20mins then you wash off with warm water, pat dry and moisturize to seal in moisture
Note: If you've been following my DIY facial masks regularly, you will realise that I always like the 20 mins duration for any facial masks. It's the best optimum time for your skin to absorb all the goodness.
5) The leftover orange, you eat it of course, for another boost of Vitamin C
For me, I like to use this mask about 2-3 times a week. I can really see how refreshed and supple my skin looks. Also, my complexion is definitely more radiant prior to this. Not forgetting, the smell of the facial mask is really heavenly and inviting. It's a great time to relax and pamper yourself simultaneously. It's really true that beauty can be found in your pantry and I whole-heartedly agree with that!
You can also try out some of my other popular fruity facial masks:
1) Skin rejuvenating peach facial
2) Strawberry mask for acne-prone skin
3) Body smoothie for sexy skin
4) Moisturizing honey banana facial
5) Nourishing coconut and milk facial