Could you have guessed that I'm a huge home facial mask
addict? I love doing some home made beauty regimes and this week I've been experimenting on some very moisturizing ingredients - milk and coconut cream. I've tried this face mask for about 3 weeks now and I'm definitely seeing good results. I use this mask 2-3 times a week. My skin never felt so baby smooth and soft. I'm also spotting a healthier glow for the whole 3 weeks (and it's not that beaming mommy glow *wink*) It's really very wonderful. Not forgetting, the smell of the mask is intoxicatingly scrumptious. I just have to share with you.
About the Ingredients
cream is a popular beauty preparation made by the women of Togo in Africa. It can be used on the hair and skin. It can be used as a treatment for dry combination skin especially and can also be used to help moisturize and nourish brittle nails. It also helps to contain shine by balancing the oil reproduction. Good news is, it's not too rich for people with oily skin
- The lactic acid in milk
is an alpha hydroxy acid, a natural material that dissolves the glue that holds dead skin cells together. Milk can cleanse the skin down to its deepest layers. Perfect for a very gentle exfoliation of skin
1) Pour half a glass of whole cream milk into a small bowl. I prefer whole cream milk as the consistency is thicker and not so runny compared to skimmed milk
2) Mix the coconut cream powder into it. To make the coconut cream powder mix nicely into a smooth paste, I suggest to heat up the milk alittle before mixing. This avoids the coconut cream to clump up in the cold milk. (I personally prefer the mixture to be warm. It's really soothing on the face when applied)
3) Stir mixture into a nice creamy paste. You can smell the heavenly exotic smell of coconut and milk wafting around. Perfect. I find that very calming and soothing.
4) Apply on to clean face. For best results, your skin should still be alittle damp and warm after the wash.
5) Massage in the paste and let it stay for 20 mins or until the mixture dries, then wash off with warm water and moisturize to lock in moisture
6) For best results, apply this mask 2-3 times a week
After each application, I see a very healthy radiant glow
to my skin. My skin feels really soft and smooth. I just can't resist to run my hands across my cheeks time and again. I know, I shouldn't be touching my face too much. But it's quite irresistible. The skin looks brighter too. Really helps to eliminate dull, tired skin. Also, my face has less shine on my T-zone areas.
I like to put on this mask for a quick pick-me-up. I think this mask is simply superb. You should try it at home too
Labels: Coconut, Face mask, Milk, Natural Remedies