Pacifica Solid Perfumes: The Must Have Item for Fall '08
I have found just the answer for a good fall perfume, not 1 but 5 awesome scents from Pacifica. To be honest, I've never really liked solid perfumes much prior to this because I'm a traditionalist when it comes to perfumes. I like the idea of spraying perfume especially onto my hair. However, with strict rules for travelling with liquids, solid perfumes are gaining my favour. I'm really beginning to love solid perfumes even more. They're really handy too, I carry them in my handbag wherever I go, even to the grocery store. You'll never know when it comes in handy. I swear more heads turned ever since
The Pacifica Solid Scents Fall 08 Collection consists of 5 deep and spicy scents with illustrative names. Each scent comes in a cute printed tin with adorable designs unique to its own. I've just realized that I'm quite the sniffer these days. Without realising it, I'm whipping out one of the tins in my handbag and just sniffing it. My BFF recently pointed it out to me and I've resolved to indulge in my 'sniffing' privately. They're really that addictive.
1) Avalon Juniper - It's earthy grapefruit is nicely balanced out by rich juniper tones while crisp heliotrope adds freshness to the aroma. The aroma gives off a cooling and light sensation almost minty fresh. A refreshing balance of rich and cooling notes.
2) Tibetan Mountain Temple - At first whiff, the vetiver and orange comes on strong and slowly the patchoulitakes over, enveloping the aroma with a soft calming scent. The aroma ends with a slightly spicy ginger aroma that provides warmth and tranquility. Love this scent and how aptly named.
3) Spanish Amber - First whiff, it gives off a rather classical smell which hangs on the sweeter side with its rose geranium base notes. A nice blend of sandalwood in the middle notes cleverly diffuses the sweet smell for a stirring sexy aroma. Bergamot and elemi on the top notes finishes this sexy scent. Sexy and warm, reminds me of a certain Spanish aphrodisiac
4) Mexican Cocoa - This is pure indulgence with a sinfully-rich dark chocolate base, rounded off with bitter almond, nutmeg, cinnamon and vanilla for a mouth-watering aroma. The blend of dark chocolate with vanilla in the top notes is plain perfection. This is my favourite scent from the collection. Esto es perfetto!
5) Madagascar Spice - This aroma is unique with a dominant spicy clove aroma as the base note which blands out to a subtly sweet orange middle notes. A hint of black pepper finishes off at the top notes for a spicy unique blend of aroma. This scent may take a little time to accustom to - more for the adventurous.
Another reason to love these Pacifica solids, all the Pacifica Solid Perfumes are comprised of a 100% organic and vegan, soy and coconut wax base. Strictly no parabens and phthalates at all. In other words: It's 100% safe even for those who have sensitive skin. Solid Perfume tins are completely recyclable too. To be honest, I do layer the perfume on my hands and legs, doubling as emollient to seal in more moisture especially during fall and coming winter. Retailing at $8.95 per tin, they do work well as perfume-cum-emollient especially during this turbulent financial crisis.
Pacifica Solid Scents Fall 08 Collection are available at Pacifica Perfumes, Anthropologie stores and a variety of boutiques, spas and departmental stores nationwide. Get it before this Beauty Tyrant grabs 'em all for herself!